PS About shop portfolio

2.20.2013

a little vacation

photo via / edited by me

I'm going on a trip! Before I explain where I'm going, I should preface this by saying, this place actually exists and no, I'm not making this up.

Tomorrow morning I'll be boarding a plane to Las Vegas! I've never been there, so that in itself is exciting news. I'll be meeting my stepmom and sister early in the morning, where we'll be staying at the Bellagio and going to see Circue du Soleil. I can't put into words my level excitement, so I'm not even going to try. Moving on.

The following morning we will begin our drive to Kanab. Where is Kanab? It's a sweet place in Utah, which currently houses Heaven. So here we go. I'm going to be spending two days at Best Friends. Upon our arrival, we will tour Dogtown, Cat World, Horse Haven, Parrot Garden, Piggy Paradise, and Bunny House. Yes, this is real. We'll spend the next few days volunteering and spending our days playing, cleaning, grooming and running around with animals. I understand that my love for animals can be a bit much at times, but seriously, this should make anyone happy! We get to stay in a cabin on site and at the end of each day, bring an animal of our choosing home, to have a "sleepover" with us. I am giddy with excitement!!

Of course, there will be entirely too many photos to share and lots of stories to tell. I will do my best to keep in touch while I'm there, but if not I'll be back soon and you can always follow me via instagram (@pienthesky)! Have a lovely weekend friends!


xo. melsa

3 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds like such a fun trip! I love that you are going to be volunteering on your vacation, that is amazing! have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds so cool and like so much fun! I didn't know places like this existed! Have such a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melisa, this place sounds incredible! I hope you guys have a fun and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete