PS About shop portfolio

2.11.2013

sweet tragedy

You may have noticed that I've been gone. It's been a week now. To put it plainly, a very sweet friend of mine past away this past week. She was my sister's best friend, a mentor to me when I was teenager, and beautiful light in a rather dim world. Although these past years we weren't as nearly as close, I have felt this loss in such a heavy way. I'm very sensitive and I tend to take on the hurts of those around me. Seeing my sister hurt has caused the pain to be so much greater. It's been difficult, but it's a healing process. I wrote this with my sister in mind and I thought I'd share it here. If you're dealing with the loss of a loved one, know that you are not alone and you are so very strong.

S W E E T   T R A G E D Y
. . . . .

in moments of weakness, indeed we are strong
though the tide may roll in 
the waves will not engulf us
we are far too aware to be deceived by their lies

the truth is simple, so plain to see
that though this life be beautiful
our tomorrows be ever more
it is there we will find out eternal peace

so here's to letting go and believing in ourselves
to holding fast to memory
and learning how to live again


in love memory of sweet Julie 

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I will be sending my thoughts and prayers all the way from Georgia.

    xox Ashleigh
    www.ashflynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13.2.13

    Melisa I am so sorry. Thinking of you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete