PS About shop portfolio

1.14.2015

W E A R :: Violets







details :: dress & hat/free people, tights/target, boots/sam edelman


God will often gives me short phrases throughout my day,when I am praying or giving in to worry or stress. These words help me to refocus and gain perspective. I usually write them on sticky notes and place them on my computer or desk as a reminder. I'm actually pulling them out fo my drawer now to write them down because I thought I'd share a few of them with each of you; in case you find yourself in a place in need of encouragement of inspiration.
 
Create a meaningful presence - I don't want to be easily forgotten. I want to be missed.
 
When I feel like there's nothing I can do, it means that He can now do everything - this one was from today.
 
Don't Compare. Don't Compete. Don't Complain.
 
"What if I say something wrong?" "What if you say nothing at all?" - this was actually a conversation I had with God; wrestling with whether or not I should reach out to a friend to let her know what I felt like God wanted her to know. Sometimes saying nothing is much worse than saying something "the wrong way".
Change is inevitable. Embrace the change. - definitely living in this season!
 
Unrelenting focus on God.
 
What in your life truly makes you feel "good enough". - great question to ask yourself to help you evaluate where your head is at and what you place your priorities in.
 
Where you are willing to lead, I am willing to follow.
 
True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less. - this one got me good!
 
When you rush, you forget who you are and whose you are. - I struggle with "being still" anyone else?
 
 
Hope these give some of you a boost of encouragement! Do any of you post notes throughout the day? If so, I would love to hear some of your thoughts or phrases that help you get through each day; share in the comments below!
 
xo. melisa


2 comments:

  1. that had is perfect! so cute!
    great blog, btw!

    if you're interested, check mine out! i'd love to see what you think!

    So, hi

    ReplyDelete