PS About shop portfolio

12.12.2012

12 Days of DIY // woodland frame


This is quite possibly one of the most favorite things I now own. I love woodland themed anything, so when thinking up diy ideas, I knew I wanted something that went with that. I love branches and how they have a sense of classic beauty, and create sort of a whimsical setting too. These little twigs brought so much life to my frame and now, to my room! This is a very simple and inexpensive diy that will make a great gift for your loved ones (or yourself!)

SUPPLIES // 
   frame - I purchased mine here
   found twigs & branches
   hot glue gun

1) I gathered all of my branches and broke them down to appropriate sizes. Mostly I wanted them to all be at least the size of the frame and not longer. 2) I went ahead and layed them onto the frame to try and get an idea of where they would sit; this was just for a rough look of what to expect. 3) I set aside the branches along each side, so I would remember which ones I wanted where. 4) Start gluing! I started on the outside and worked my way in. I also found that doing the very inside edges helped a lot too. I glued down the bigger/wider pieces first, then filled in with the smaller ones.

Remember to be creative and have fun with it! The beauty of this frame is that it's not perfect, and it doesn't have to be! I love that it's misshapen; it's part of its charm!








I hope you enjoyed this! If you decide to make your own woodland frame, leave a link, I'd love to see how your came out! I also think this technique would look great on a big mirror frame! 


xo. melisa

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! Looking forward to the rest of your DIYs!

    xx Ashleigh
    www.ashflynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12.12.12

    Love love love this idea! The frame is really beautiful!

    Arantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely! It doesn't seem too hard, and half of the supplies are free! So cute, definitely saving this for a rainy day when I need a DIY to cheer myself up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am definitely going to do this, i love the way it turned out! perfect time of year too since the leaves are all gone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! and pretty easy! looks like something from anthropologie :)

    ReplyDelete